There are plenty of parks around Bay where you can go on a stroll, enjoy the sunshine (or fog), and take in the Bay views. Crane Cove Park is an excellent way to escape the city along San Francisco’s Central Waterfront, with access to the water and plenty of restaurants within walking distance to grab food afterwards. Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont has 978 acres of rolling hills to explore, walk your dog, or have a little picnic. If you are interested in archaeology, Coyote Hills is home to several sites that preserve evidence of Ohlone inhabitation which you can arrange to see.
Photo: PD Tillman
Parks are BARTable!
Crane Cove Park
- From Antioch, Concord, or Walnut Creek: Yellow-S to Powell St, 15 Muni to 3rd St & 20th St. Walk 5 min.
- From Richmond or Berkeley: Red-S to 16th St Mission, 22 Muni to 16th & 4th St, walk 9 min.
- From Fremont or North San Jose: Green-S to 16th St Mission, 55 Muni to 20th & 3rd St, walk 5 min.
- From San Francisco: Yellow-S to Powell St, 15 Muni to 3rd & 2oth St, walk 5 min.
- From Antioch, Concord, or Walnut Creek: Yellow-S to 19th St Oakland, transfer to Orange-S going to Union City. Take Union City BART to Ardenwood Park & Ride, walk 30 min.
- From Richmond or Berkeley: Orange-S to Union City. Transfer to Union City BART, to Ardenwood Blvd & Commerce Dr. Walk 20 min.
- From San Francisco: Green-N to Union City, Union City BART to Ardenwood Blvd & Commerce Dr. Walk 20 min.
For more BART Information, click here.