Bay Day Trail Guide
Explore our guide and create your Bay Day Challenge. Whether you’re taking on the 30-mile Trail Challenge, or tackling 10 Bay Activities, there’s inspiration for everyone. Use the tools offered by San Francisco Bay Trail to plan your next trip, or choose from a wide selection of events, activities, and more.
San Francisco Bay Trail
The Bay Trail is a planned 500-mile walking and cycling path around the entire San Francisco Bay, running through all nine Bay Area counties, 47 cities, and across seven toll bridges. Check out the San Francisco Bay Trail map to plan your next Bay Day adventure, or explore the Map By Numbers to learn more about each section of the trail.
Your Bay Day Challenge
Build your Bay Day Challenge with a full list of activities, trails, and events around the Bay.
- East Bay
- Educational Lessons
- En Español
- North Bay
- South Bay
As you explore the San Francisco Bay Trail, please follow these guidelines to ensure a safe, healthy, and inclusive trail experience for all.
- Know before you go: Check the status of the place you want to visit. If it is closed, don’t go. If it’s crowded, have a backup plan.
- Practice physical distancing: Keep your group size small. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space. If you don’t feel well, stay home.
- Plan ahead: Prepare for facilities to be closed, pack lunch, and bring essentials like hand sanitizer and a face covering.
- Explore locally: Limit long-distance travel and make use of local parks, trails, and public spaces. Be mindful of your impact on the communities you visit.
- Leave no trace: Respect public lands and waters, as well as Native and local communities. Take all your garbage with you.
- Build an inclusive outdoors: Be an active part of making the outdoors safe and welcoming for all identities and abilities.
Learn more at RecreateResponsibly.org
Banner Photo: Tom Mikkelsen